Today I’m wondering why it’s so bloody hard to get a Couchsurfing request approved?
I’ve made repeated attempts over the last 7 months without a single yes for us to visit.
I understand we are a big group. To cover this off I’ve only ever requested places that say they have room for 5 or more.
Maybe I don’t have something scintillating enough written in our profile. I tried to make it interesting but realistic. I think it reflects us well. Still no dice.
I haven’t requested last minute stays, I’ve offered to cook dinner one night, I’ve stressed that we are keen to get to know the host and their city – not just use their place for somewhere to crash for free!
With zero success.
Occasionally I receive an email from Couchsurfing saying they miss us and we haven’t logged in for a while. Yesterday I got another one!
So I thought I’d give it a shot and see if I could find us beds in London next week. Here’s a summary of the 40 or so profiles I looked through before I gave up.
- One guy was a nudist and doesn’t wear clothes in the house!!
- One person’s photo was a woman with a nazi swastika in her picture. When I went into the profile it was someone inviting people to a squat with 13 other people where eviction was any day!! Yes. Really.
- One person said they were 101 years old and had been here in several lives before.
- One person would only take others who had participated at least 10 times in the couchsurfing community so their guests would understand “the concept”.
- One profile allowed smoking, drinking, partying and any sex you like at all times of the night and day!
- One person said their life mission was to spread the word of god and they required their guests to pray with them!
- Almost every other person seemed to be about 22! And really wanted to find a playmate to party with.
From this hodge podge list of offerings I’ve come to the conclusion that no one wants us because we are either too old, or just plain too NORMAL!
I’m fascinated to discover we are too normal for something….even if it is only to be accepted by couchsurfers!
You may like these!: