June 20 marked the 6 month anniversary of our life changing year adventure!
And I was too tired to do a blog post after walking around Prague for two whole days!!
But better late than never, so here we are!
I wanted to make a list of all the cool stuff we’ve done – mostly to make our friends and readers jealous! But also to show just how much you can achieve in a short period if you set your mind to it!!
If you’re new here many of these items have a link to the original blog post – how nice am I?
Here are the highlights! We have:
- White water rafted
- Ridden elephants
- Eaten fried crickets
- Survived Vin Pearl Island
- Photographed the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
- Checked out Ho Chi Minh’s remains in his crypt
- Been interviewed on the street in Vietnam by university students
- Jet skied
- Were stalked by Lisa Vine through 3 hostels!!
- Mastered bartering for tuk tuks
- Survived said tuk tuk rides!
- Bathed in freezing waterfalls in Thailand and Laos
Explored Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Visited the Killing Fields and S21in Cambodia
- Almost caused a national toilet paper shortage in Cambodia during 4 days of sickness
- Sustained second degree sunburn on a boat in Cambodia (requiring medical intervention)
- Burned ourselves again in Vietnam just weeks later!
- Fed monkeys coke and Pringles!
- Played SPOTTO with hundreds of Monks!
- Enjoyed a lazy two days on the Mekong River to Laos
- Had monkeys hold our hands at the Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur
- Been grossed out by the goings-on of Koh San Road
- Saw bears in Tahoe – close enough to get pics!!
- Took a dip in Lake Tahoe whilst standup paddle boarding!
- Jono caught our dinner at the kids lake in Tahoe
- Took a Thai cooking class in Chiang Mai
- Survived the shame of Jono Peeing on the bus!!
- Watched a woman parasail in a Burka
- Held snakes in various locations!
- Freaked out at a Tsunami warning in Thailand (when we were in Vietnam!!)
- Managed to not be close by when a man blew himself up in Thailand!
- Visited the Jelly Belly factory – oh those samples!!
- Admired sea lions at Pier 39
- Had physio on Mother’s day weekend in San Francisco
- Rode the Trolley in San Francisco
- Caused a ruckus at the NASA space centre in Houston
- Sniffled at the 9/11 Memorial
- Enjoyed two days at Disneyland
- Visited Yellowstone and got snowed on!
- Explored Yosemite National Park
- Saw the heads of Presidents at Mt Rushmore!
- Waved to the Statue of Liberty
- Drove through Death Valley
- Drove over the Rocky Mountains
- Checked out the Stars on The Sidewalk in Hollywood
- Ate Durians!
- Spent 3 weeks in Vegas Baby!!
- Camped in tents for 3 months! Eek!
- Admired the scenery in Sedona
- Eaten at Denny’s about 30 times to save money!
- Put on 15kg between us!!
- Explored the Grand Canyon
- Took an Oath not to take stuff from National Parks!
- Picked up hitchhikers from Yosemite
- Explored old lava at Craters of the Moon
- Got zapped by static at White Sands Memorial
- Spent a week in an RV from California to Texas
- Were pulled up by the Highway Patrol searching for an RV that left the local missile base(can anyone say PAUL!!)
- Survived possible alien abduction at Roswell
- Giggled through a ghost tour at Tombstone
- Bought a car in Texas
- Finally met online friends in Texas, Tahoe, Idaho and Boston
- Avoided certain death by a screaming female truck driver in New Mexico
- Had a gentleman pray for our safe travels in New Mexico
- “Accidently” almost crossed the border into Mexico
- Had clothes tailored in Hoi An
- Almost inadvertently married Brittney off to a tailor in Hoi An (his mum was circling!)
- Been to Harvard
- Watched 4th of July fireworks in Boston
- Rode bicycles in Vietnam
- Walked around the meteorite crater in Arizona
- Sailed small boats on a lake in Boston
- Visited Carhenge
- Spray Painted cars at Cadillac Ranch
- Broke Justin and Heidi’s car and part of their furniture!
- Had Brittney chuck it in and go home early in May!
- Slept in a tent for 100 in Munich!
- Gave away our car and camping gear in Vegas
- Visited the Dachau Concentration camp in Munich
- Visited 16 states of the USA
- Caught countless buses, trains, boats and aeroplanes!
What a list huh? We definitely think it’s been worth it!!
What have you all been doing the last six months?
You may like these!: